Warblington was settled in Roman times and Roman bricks and tiles can be seen in the two rounded arches on either side of the church tower. The church dates back to Saxon times with the centre portion of the Saxon tower still remaining.
Between 1290 and 1340 the church was rebuilt and a new nave was constructed to the west of the old building and the present Chancel arch was inserted.
It is thought the west door was inserted during the 16th century and it is believed that King Henry VIII visited Warblington Castle in 1526 and would have also visited the church.
The church used to have three bells, with the remaining bell dates from the 16th century. The present organ was installed in 1833.
In the churchyard there are two rare examples of Watch Huts which were commissioned in 1828 and used by watchmen to guard the churchyard to prevent the digging up and selling of bodies.