The Spring Arts and Heritage Centre in Havant contains a 135 seat theatre, museum and cafe. The museum features many interesting exhibits from Havantís past including a recreation of a Leigh Park kitchen and a changing exhibition space and a research room. The Spring Arts and Heritage Centre was formally Havant Arts Centre and Havant Museum, merging into one organisation and re-branding in 2009.
In the early 1860s the area where The Spring Arts and Heritage Centre now stands was mainly fields but the completion of the Hayling Branch Line, to Langstone in 1865 and to Hayling in 1867, paved the way for the development of the East End of Havant.
Half of The Spring Centre is housed in what used to the Havant Town Hall which opened on 28 January 1870. Thereafter, the hall was used for public meetings, lectures, flower and pet shows, auctions, wedding receptions and furniture sales etc. When Havant and Waterloo Urban District Council was formed in 1932 the Town Hall was used as its administrative headquarters.
The Springís heritage gallery and museum is housed in what was once known as Lymbourne House, owned by Mary Charge. The house was built in 1874 as a private house known as Lymbourne and later as Moorlands. It had four different owners before becoming home to the WRNS from 1942 until the end of WW2. In 1946 the house was sold to Havant and Waterloo Urban District Council, who owned the neighbouring Town Hall.